Thursday, February 28, 2013

Choose THIS...not THAT!

Life is about choices, but who wants to choose healthy all the time? Exactly...no one!  Sometimes I feel like a good ole Snicker.  Sometimes I feel like a bacon, bacon, cheeseburger from Jack in the Box (my sister and I actually ate these faithfully in high school).  But more than all of these urges I want to feel and look healthy. (Click here to see why)

So what does one do when a craving comes?  I say choose this...not that:

You crave salty?
Choose peanuts w/sea salt













You crave sweet?
Choose fruit (God’s candy)











Here are my favorite substitutions:

My “Banana Pudding”                                                                     
 


     









Actually graham crackers and a banana
______________________

My “Snickers”
 










Actually dark chocolate with almonds
____________________

My “Sour Patch Kids”











Actually a nectarine
(any fruit will do)

I understand cravings, I really do, but I do not want to pay for them in the gym.  By that point, I’ve forgotten how delicious the cheeseburger was. I often ask myself “Is it worth taking two steps backwards?”  Normally I answer “no,” but to be honest, every now and then I say “what the heck...live a little!”  It’s okay to cheat every now and then, but a “treat” is only a “treat” if it happens rarely.  Be smart.  Choose this...not that.

- B. Landi


1 comment:

  1. Its funny Denna because I feel the main reason why we don't improve our eating habits is because we feel it will somehow cheat us out of enjoying life, when in reality our lack of discipline punishes us in the end. We gotta do better!

    ReplyDelete