Friday, February 15, 2013

5 Steps to Getting FIT!

So summer is around the corner and for some reason people often interpret that to mean it’s time to get fit.  Well, hey, I say whatever excuse you need to use, use! Now here comes the big question...HOW?

Step 1:  Write at least ten reasons why you want to get fit
This list will serve as a reminder the day you skip a workout to sleep-in.



Step 2:  Define success, by specifying a target weight or size
I always wanted to be 115 pounds.  I remember weighing 119 in the 6th grade! I was one of the biggest girls in my class.  I felt horrible because my best friend was taller than me but weighed less than me.  It’s funny how some things stick with you over the years.

Funny enough I have not grown much taller since 6th grade so I knew 115 pounds was a reasonable weight goal I started at 135, and now I stay between 114-118 pounds.

Step 3:  Make a Workout schedule

At least 3 days a week for 30 minutes, either in gym or at home.
(click here to see my home workout for inspiration)

Before having a membership, I started running up and down my street.  Eventually I invested in 8 and 15 pound dumbbells for a more holistic workout. Weight training has to be a part of your regimen for the best results.

Step 4:  Make a commitment to eat as healthy as possible with one cheat day a week
Since fruit is “God’s candy,” in my mind that is my candy fix for the day.  Meat is not a necessity everyday so sometimes I go without.  I also incorporate fasting for spiritual and natural purposes.

Step 5:  DON’T GIVE UP
Many of days I find myself in the candy aisle, wondering what I’m doing there.  Instead of downing myself I buy twizzlers which are less fattening than other options or dark chocolate, which is better for you than milk chocolate.  I know some people say “If you’re going to do it, do it.”  But I say “If you’re going to do it, do it smart!  Be nice to yourself and start each day fresh!

4 comments:

  1. I already have a picture of what I think success looks likes. The idea was to hang this pic on the bathroom mirror or somewhere that I would see it but its just on my computer. I keep forgetting to print it out(lol). Today I will implement your 5 steps and see if this helps with motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm creating a vision board and putting Kelly Rowland's body on it! She inspires me to work hard in the gym!

    ReplyDelete